Donnie Emmi is an experienced lawyer committed to finding the best possible solution for his clients. His approach is creative, allowing him to see issues from all sides and to advise the most advantageous course of action.
Donnie grew up in a small farming town in northeastern Pennsylvania. After graduating high school, he attended East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania pursuing an education in business management, finance, and psychology. While attending college, Donnie joined the United States Air Force, Pennsylvania Air National Guard where he had the opportunity and privilege of traveling the world and defending our country. He later transferred to the Colorado Air National Guard after enrolling at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. Donnie also attended law school at Brooklyn Law School while working full time for a prestigious Wall Street private equity / venture capital firm dealing with equity and financial investments into public and private companies.
During his free time, Donnie can frequently be found skiing with his family, coaching baseball, and designing and building greenhouses and landscaping projects.
Recently, Donnie authored the legal chapter in a book concerning marijuana companies’ access to banking, Navigating Safe Harbor: Cannabis Banking in a time of Uncertainty. The author of the book, Sundie Seefried does an incredible job writing the true story of her journey to pioneer, design and build a full-scope cannabis banking program. A copy of Ms. Seefried’s amazing book can be purchased here: http://safeharborprivatebanking.com/ .
- Banking and financing*
- Marijuana business acquisitions*
- Marijuana business startups
- Marijuana banking*
- Marijuana finance*
- Mining disputes/ formation*
- Management Agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions*
- Corporation/LLC formation
- Marijuana business disputes*
- Catastrophic personal injuries*
- Securities fraud*
- Construction defect defense*
- Collection defense
- Mortgage fraud*
- Real estate fraud
- Business and corporate disputes*
- Medical Malpractice*
- East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania, BS & BA
- Brooklyn Law School
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, JD
- Colorado Bar
Acts as Counsel, Pro Hac Vice
- Cannabis Law Committee – Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- The National Trial Lawyers