When you sign up for an insurance policy, your insurance company–by law–promises to provide you with insurance coverage. Of course, certain things may not be covered by the insurance policy that you bought. But if you make a claim that should
be covered by your insurance, and the insurance company does not negotiate with you in a reasonable manner, you may be the victim of insurance bad faith.
Insurance bad faith occurs when an insurance company engages in underhanded tactics to delay or deny your claim. Signs of insurance bad faith include the insurer:
- Delaying or denying payment without giving a reasonable basis
- Failing to reply promptly after you’ve notified them of your claim
- Attempting to settle your claim for a far less that what a reasonable person would believe it’s worth
- Attempting to settle your claim on the basis of a policy that it changed without notifying you
- Using illegal or fraudulent investigative methods
- Canceling your policy for making a claim in which you weren’t at fault
- Failing to provide coverage or a defense to litigation
Insurance companies can make negotiating with them a confusing, frustrating process.
Having a Colorado attorney on your side can help ensure that your insurance company doesn’t take advantage of you.
At Hunsaker | Emmi, we have years of experience helping people like you get their rightful compensation throughout the greater
Denver, CO area, including Colorado cities like Lakewood, Wheat Ridge, and Golden. We look for the best possible solution in every case. We also make it a practice to be available, dedicated, and honest.
Call us today or request an appointment with our firm’s experienced Golden, CO insurance bad faith attorney.